Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies
A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
Spread the word, but that advice about detecting two-way mirrors is false.
literally my favorite thing in the brick
#i feel like #(and note that i am only nearing the end of fantine in the brick so i’m just basing this on this quote and a few others i have read) #i feel like part of why grantaire loves enjolras so much is that he reminds him of who he used to be #i feel like he wasn’t always a cynic #once he was an idealist who believed in love and art and feedom #but he was ugly and no one would love him #and he found himself loving beautiful men who in turn loved beautiful women #and he was taught by his father and the world that he did not deserve love #and so he starts to drink #at first he drinks to drown his pain #and then he drinks to drown in his pain #like marmaladov ‘i drink that i may suffer twice as much’ #for that is what he deserves #and then he meets a beautiful man in love with not a beautiful woman but a beautiful future #a man who loves everyone yet lacks one single person to love only him #so grantaire will love him #that this sun god might not darken #that the cruel world might not kill this prince of the people #that he may not be crushed as grantaire was crushed #that he may live to understand only love and liberty
I was gonna do the whole burning up in the sky thing, but I really liked this :)